Recruiting students for Company Programme
Company Programme is recommended to all student’s aged in years 9 to 13.
We have found that students who have either volunteered to do the programme or have been specifically selected to do the programme as part of their educational development get the most out of the programme.
When recruiting students we recommend:
- Ask students to volunteer to take part and offer encouragement to students who may lack confidence or would otherwise be reluctant to take part.
- Inform students that there is a high level of personal commitment and responsibility required to get the most out of this opportunity.
- Highlight that students will be empowered to take the lead; they will be offered guidance but it is their student company and they make all the key decisions.
- Highlight how Company Programme links their experience with other learning and/or qualifications
- Student’s will have the opportunity to work with trained and committed Business Advisors (BAs), who support learning, act as new role models and build a bridge to the real world of work.